We recently published a calendar of IT and business-related conferences, meetups and other events held in 2018 in the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden).
We have also shortlisted what we think are the most interesting IT- and business/startup-related upcoming events for October 2018.
- When: October 8, 2018 – October 9, 2018
- Where: Hiedanranta, Tampere, Finland
- How much: 290 USD
- Description: Stream Startup Festival - practical support and tools of growth for early stage startups. One day full of workshops, speakers, fireside gatherings with investors, networking and answers to questions related to growth and succeeding in startup world. Workshops will provide hands-on experience in marketing, social media, funding and growth.
- Topic: Getting investments for startups
- When: October 8, 2018
- Where: Brunkebergstorg, 111 51 Stockholm, Sweden
- How much: 17 USD
- Description: STHLM Tech Meetup is Europe's largest monthly event for startups and takes place the first Monday of each month. Oxx is one of Sweden's newest VC firms, having raised $100M a few months ago to invest in B2B companies, with offices in London and Stockholm. Industrifonden is Sweden's largest investor in growth companies. Come meet both and see what makes them unique as state financed funds.
- Topic: External funding for startups
- When: October 10
- Where: Carlsgatan 3, 203 14 Malmö, Sweden
- How much: 33 USD
- Description: Startups in need of external funding face a number of challenges. By working proactively, challenges can be turned into opportunities! All team members are welcome to participate in the seminar "ABC for Entrepreneurs to Take Out External Capital", where Mannheimer Swartling and KPMG share their knowledge and experience in the field of capital procurement.
- Topic: How to build a startup
- When: October 16
- Where: SEB Stureplan 2 Stureplan 2 Stockholm
- How much: Free
- Description: Stockholm has a fast growing startup ecosystem, and entrepreneurs here are lucky to have so many resources available to help them in their journey. However, many people don't know about all of the resources available, the differences between them, or what resources are right for them. At "How to Start Up in Stockholm", they will gather representatives from different entrepreneurial organizations, and top local entrepreneurs, to outline the local resources and provide tips on how to build a startup in Stockholm.
- Topic: How to go from startup to scaleup
- When: October 17
- Where: Regeringsgatan 74, 111 39 Stockholm, Sweden
- How much: 490 USD
- Description: Breakit has grown to become the obvious player in the startup and tech world with 150,000 unique readers each week. They also organize events, conferences and other meeting places around startups and techs.
- When: October 10 – 11 2018
- What: Big Data & Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Industry 4.0 & Robotics
- Where: Anker Engelunds Vej 1, Building 101A, 2800 Kgs. Lyngby, Copengagen, Denmark
- How much: Free
- Description: Join the DTU High Tech Summit – a unique trade fair and conference! High Tech Summit is part conference and part exhibition powered by DTU (Technical University of Denmark). Their vision is to create the largest research-based meeting place in Denmark within the field of digitization. The summit aims to create the perfect environment for companies, start-ups, organizations and universities to meet and present their latest technological developments, debate the most recent discoveries, participate in matchmaking events, and generate ideas. They invite both technology providers and technology users to participate. In 2018, they highlight Smart Healthcare & Food, Industry 4.0 & Robotic, Big Data & AI, IoT, Entrepreneurship, Business Inside Technology, and Grand Societal Challenges.
- Topic: Neo4j
- When: October 19
- Where: Sveavägen 98 113 50 Stockholm Sweden
- How much: Free
- Description: This half a day course teaches the core functionality of Neo4j, an open-source graph database. With a mixture of theory and hands-on practice sessions, developers will quickly and easily learn how to leverage the power of graph databases through Cypher, Neo4j's graph query language. The session covers querying graph patterns with Cypher, designing and implementing a graph database model, and evolving an existing graph to support new or changed requirements.
- Topic: Design and development
- When: October 22
- Where: Clarion Hotel & Congress, Brattøra, Trondheim, Norway
- How much: 386 USD
- Description: Trondheim Developer Conference (TDC) is a community driven event for developers and digital designers. The agenda consists of multiple tracks for front-end, back-end, agile developers, and digital design. The conference strives to reach a balance between local, national and international speakers, and a relatively large share of call-for-presentation submissions.
- Topic: Open Source, Smart City, Immersive Tech, IoT, Blockchain, EdTech, eHealth and AI
- When: October 10, 2018 – October 11, 2018
- Where: Tampere, Finland
- How much: 320 USD
- Description: Mindtrek is an international technology conference organized annually in the beautiful city of Tampere, Finland. It’s all about networking and exchanging ideas with people who come from different backgrounds and who have different areas of expertise. Mindtrek consists of around 70 different sessions which revolve around different themes like Open Source, Smart City, Immersive Tech, IoT, Blockchain, EdTech, eHealth and AI.
- Topic: System Development IoT, Mobile Development
- When: October 26
- Where: 7 Liljeholmstorget Elevator A, plan 5 117 63 Stockholm Sweden
- How much: Free
- Description: On business day, participants get the opportunity to meet STI students and promote their business as an attractive workplace. You can tie up contacts to recruit future employees and the students get a picture of their future career opportunities. Attending the trade day is free and takes place in the form of a trade fair where one gets a stand with information tables where the participants can tell about the company and meet students. There is also the opportunity to hold a short presentation, and STI offer a light snack.
If you find them useful, this is great - any feedback is appreciated.
Find full calendar and subscribe to our digest to receive regular updates!
- The Nordics 2018 Tech Events Calendar
- January Tech Events in the Nordics
- November Tech Events in the Nordics
- February Tech Events in the Nordics
- December Tech Events in the Nordics